Pages

Thursday 15 April 2021

How Māui Slowed the sun

Today at school my class (TWP 4) and some of Mr Gaffney year fives were going to a ki o rahi tournament with me (Audrey) but something happened it was so raining that we ran to the bus and left to school and learned. so now I am going to tell you the story How Māui Slowed the sun but not now I tell you more about it in my work. then we watch a video and then we learned how to weaved with paper you just go up and down up and down up and down up and down up and down with 2 colour of 6 paper and do the same to the side and then you glue the paper to not fall off and they to cut it and then we draw a part from the video and blog it what I am doing right now so now I am doing the question from teacher How Maui slowed the sun – questions:1. Why does Maui want to slow down the sun? because the sun was going to fast and the Maori people work slow every day 2. Why did Maui’s brothers not want to join his plan? because there hate to cut and weaved leaved 3. Why did they approach the sun during the night? so people will not known where they are going 4. Is this story a legend, myth or fairy tale? it is a story 5. Do you think Maui was fair in forcing the sun to slow down? because the sun might die. so here is the story and photo and the video I hope you enjoy.How Māui slowed the sun Peter Gossage 






2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Jarvis from owairaka primary school I like your blog post about Maui catching the sun. I think your drawing of the sun is pretty good I am not great at drawing but I am okay. I also like that you have added pictures, are you enjoying the story.
    Blog ya later
    Jarvis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey
    I really like your activity and how you linked the video and you made a google drawing about how Maui slowed the sun.
    Great work

    ReplyDelete