Pages

Monday 28 September 2020

Maori language week

 Maori language week

New Zealand elections: Māori seats once again focus of debate

On Monday was it Maori Language Week.I did my pepeha.  First I did my waka, then my mountain, river, country,village in Samoa, nana and my papa,mum and dad,my me.



It was Tuesday and we were singing a waiata. The waiata was for my group and it was for the poi dance. The dance was called “aue rona e.” 


On Wednesday we were doing the weaving. The tall plant that we were weaving was tall and looked like grass but it was big and green. First Mrs tui told us how to do it but all of us did now know how to do it, so Mrs Tui thought of an easy way for us to make one. She got an idea so she showed us how to make a plate with the two pieces from the tall plant. Mrs Tui did my one and in my group I was the only one who had done the plant.


On Thursday it was the last day and the only thing that we all

did was practice our dance .my group was the poi group Savior and

Charis group where with the little girl down stairs and my

friend Meela was doing the stick dance will that dance


was with the stick after we practice we clean the class and got our bags and lunch box and put on our shoe and went home. 


 Friday at 9:00 at school we all meet in my class to do practice for the songs. First we look at charis group dance to see if they remember and then we sing the songs. The clock turn 9:30 and the down stairs came and sat on the stage first Paul said his speech and Stella said her pray and Charis group dance and it was cool and Stella group dance and it was awesome and then it was my group dance first Dianna said her pepeha and we got ready to dance I think I did good and my group too. After that it was room 1 turn and it was so cute and good. I think they did a good job and after that we all sang the last song Toku Mauri and when we were done the room 1 and 3 went. It was the coolest  Friday ever.

   




No comments:

Post a Comment